Family Violence Intervention
Recognising and Responding to Partner Abuse Programme Example*
|Session One - 9.00am - 11.00am|
|9.00am||Welcome & Introduction|
|9.10am||PowerPoint Presentation Covering:
• Why is partner abuse a problem?
• What is your role in primary care?
• How can we identify and respond?
|9.40am||DVD Illustrating "Asking the Question"|
|9.50am - 10.00am|| Tea Break & Case Discussion
• Practice asking questions in pairs
|10.00am - 11.00am||Introduction of Local Resource Agency Representatives eg:
• NZ Police
• Women's Refuge
• Stopping Violence Services
• Family Court Services
(15 minutes for each presenter to outline their service and how to access it
with questions from the audience)
|Session Two - 1.30pm - 3.30pm|
|1.30pm - 2.00pm||Facilitated Group Discussion
Goals for session:
• Identifying barriers
• Suggesting solutions
• Forming an action plan
|2.00pm - 2.25pm||DVD - "Denise's Story"
• A NZ production illustrating many aspects of family violence including
involvement of Women's Refuge, protection orders and the effect of
family violence on children.
|2.25pm - 2.35pm||Tea Break|
|2.35pm - 3.00pm||Case Scenarios
• Practice asking questions & responding appropriately in pairs
• Group discussion
|3.00pm - 3.30pm||MOPS audit, conclusion & questions|
* Programme example for DSAC teaching session (either one four hour block or two sessions of two hours duration each).